DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT POLICY
Our policy is to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as described in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Our response to these notices may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating users, when appropriate.
If you are a copyright owner and hold a good faith belief that your copyright is being violated on the Penn’s Peak webpage, you may submit a Notification of Violation (“Notification”) that complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to the following contact:
Penn’s Peak, LLC
613 Third Street
Palmerton, PA 18071
The Notification must include:
- Identification of the allegedly infringed work(s);
- Identification of the allegedly infringing work(s) and specific reference to its location on the Service;
- Contact information—address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your signature—physical or electronic.
The Notification shall also include the following statements:
- "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law." and
- "I swear that the information in the notification is accurate and that under penalty of perjury, I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed." We may require you to submit a signed document so stating.
Under the DMCA, anyone who knowingly makes misrepresentations regarding alleged copyright infringement may be liable to Penn’s Peak, the alleged infringer, and the affected copyright owner for any damages incurred with the removal, blocking, or replacement of allegedly infringing material.
Penn’s Peak will then forward DMCA notification(s) to the appropriate user. If a Notification has been filed against you, you have the opportunity for counter notification under the DMCA. Your counter notification must be sent to the contact listed above and must satisfy the requirements located in §512(g)(3) of the Copyright Act.
If you believe a Penn’s Peak user has violated some other intellectual property right, please send an email to email@example.com. Put “OTHER IP” in the subject line.
THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO YOU FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, AND IS NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE. YOU MAY WISH TO CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY.